Monday, April 2, 2012

The Sportscast Engineer goes to: The Manila International Auto Show 2012

There is a reason why I call a cosplay event "The Freak Show".

Despite the overboard coolness of seeing near-to-life anime, game, and fictional characters in a venue and see them stroll around, show their stuffs, ask for pictures, or use their weapons to abolish annoying people (and cheer for them in return), there is a scary thing for some 20-year olders that uninterested people never bother to ask, held-back people (like me) always wonder, and devoted fans completely ignore.

There is this only time that I hesitantly attended a freak show cosplay event. I had fun in seeing such characters like that dude from the God of War game, Vash Stampede, and Gumiho. I got carried away when I start to take pictures with them. It's like you prefer seeing a concert of a different artist other than Piolo Pascual but with a free front-row ticket you go "...oh what the hell. He can't be that bad maybe." and you soon found enjoying it yourself. 

Until this human (for the interest of clarity, consider this human a "girl") dressed in a sexy Super Mario outfit. Short shorts. Fitted Mario top ensemble. Cute cap. And an equally cute face. Me and my buddy who was with me never had a second thought. We got to have a photo with here.

The photo was taken, and it's time to say thanks. I have a low and big voice. Cute angelic human replied with a lower and bigger voice. "Thank you." Holy shit! That was a gay. It took me two minutes to realize Super Mario was gay. My buddy can't believe it that we were arguing about it the next three days. He finally realized it after seeing Super Mario in a different character in an another cosplay event. The three of our group were the totally uninterested people (Jeff, Ekel, Lawrence), I was the held-back dude, and my companion (Michael) was the one blinded by the devotion. (There might be nothing wrong with dropping names. Besides, my buddies could very well be regular characters in this blog.)

Now we're through with some cosplay experience which has very little thing (or nothing) to do with The Manila International Auto Show 2012. The perfect venue for manufacturers to sell their cars, for shops to show their stuffs, for car-related entrepreneurs to get their thing going, and for me to abuse my camera. Freebies are there. Cars are everywhere. Hot girls are EVERYWHERE. Cross-dressers are nowhere and probably not allowed to model cars (I knew Super Mario gay have little to do with this). 


After the break, see the SE's favorite shots during MIAS 2012 from cars and so much stuffs related to it. And yes, with a lot of show girls involved, me and buddy E decided to put the "Girlfriend of the Month" award for all the pictures we took with them. Check it out on the available links listed below. Then the break.


This is no freak show. This one is so FREAKING awesome.


GFotM for April.
GFotM for May.
GFotM for June.
GFotM for July.
GFotM for August.
GFotM for September.
GFotM for October.
GFotM for November.
GFotM for December.
GFotM for January 2012.
GFotM for February.
GFotM for March.


(girlfriend or not, I really think some girl would kill me for this.)




Welcome to MIAS!


What is a car show without a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, right?

Half-a-million peso bike. You want it? What?

My favorite shot.

Where could Vin Diesel be?


It's always better if there's a pretty lady with it.

Mr. Bean's car.




A girl who might kill me, even though she's the one pushing me into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment